Try some of our Dill Pickle Bacon Pizza, which is bursting with flavour and sure to fulfil your hunger. A layer of zesty pizza sauce, a sprinkling of melty mozzarella cheese, and heaping helpings of salty bacon and spicy dill pickles top this golden, crispy delight. The chopped fresh dill brings a zing of brightness to the otherwise rich and exciting pie. This pizza is great for a group dinner or a night in with the family.
Pizza dough: Dough, homemade or purchased, is the pizza’s base. Typical ingredients for pizza dough include flour, yeast, salt, and water; the dough is then rolled out and stretched to fit a pizza pan or stone.
Pizza sauce: Pizza sauce, often made from tomatoes, coats the crust before toppings are added. Garlic, Italian seasoning, and other herbs and spices are common flavourings, and they may be found both in stores and in handmade versions.
Mozzarella cheese: Pizzas typically include mozzarella cheese, a type of cheese. It takes on a stretchy consistency and tastes mild and creamy in its melted state. Shredded mozzarella cheese is a typical pizza topping, and it is customarily sprinkled above the sauce before any other toppings are added.
Bacon: Bacon is a cured and cooked form of the pig that is often thinly sliced and seasoned with salt, sugar, and other spices. It takes on a smoky, salty flavour and a little crunch when cooked. Crispy bacon is fried and then crumbled for this pizza.
Dill pickles: Cucumbers are pickled in vinegar, salt, and dill to create dill pickles. They’re crisp and have a tangy, almost sweet flavour. Dill pickles are cut and put atop the cheese on this pizza.
Fresh dill: Dill is a herb with a mild, sweet taste and a subtle licorice aftertaste when it’s new. It’s a common ingredient in pickles and other condiments because of its tangy, refreshing flavour. Fresh dill is sliced and put on top of the cooked pizza.
These are the steps you need to take to prepare a delicious dill pickle bacon pizza at home:
- First, turn your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius). The pizza crust will bake up nice and crispy if you do this.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a wide circle or rectangle on a lightly floured board. Use premade dough or mix flour, yeast, salt, and water to make your own. The dough should have a thickness of about 1/2 an inch.
- Put the dough on a baking tray or pizza stone. It’s what the pizza will bake on, making the crust nice and crisp.
- To make pizza, spread pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a 1- to 2-inch border around the borders. Diced tomatoes, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning can be simmered on the stovetop until thickened to produce a quick and easy homemade sauce, or you can use your favourite jarred brand. Distribute the sauce evenly over the dough; a few lumps are acceptable.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese should be sprinkled atop the sauce. This will serve two purposes: it will assist in keeping the other toppings in place and offer a creamy, tasty element to the pizza.
- Place the dill pickle slices, and bacon crumbles on top of the cheese. You can bake or fry the bacon until it’s crispy, then crumble it up. Thinly slicing the dill pickles will ensure they bake evenly and don’t overpower the other ingredients.
- Pizza should be baked in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Depending on your range and the thickness of your dough, you may need to adjust the baking time.
- Chopped fresh dill should be sprinkled atop the cooked pizza. This will provide each bite with a tangy, refreshing flavour and counteract the saltiness of the bacon and pickles.
- Cut the pie in half and serve immediately. Enjoy! Your friends and family will go crazy for this creative spin on a traditional dish: dill pickle bacon pizza.
Suggestions for both serving and storing
Depending on taste and occasion, this dill pickle bacon pizza can be served in various ways. Some suggestions are as follows.
Side dishes: For an excellent complement to this pizza, try a simple mixed greens salad, garlic knots, or a bowl of creamy tomato soup as a side dish. You may offer roasted veggies or a platter of fresh coleslaw as a side dish.
Sauces for dipping: If you want your pizza to taste even more, serve it with a tasty dipping sauce. The ranch dressing, the garlic aioli, and the fiery chilli sauce are just a few possibilities. A simple and delicious dipping sauce can be made by combining melted butter with herbs.
Storage and reheating: If you have any leftover pizza, you can keep it in the fridge for a few days or freeze it later. The pizza can be reheated by placing the slices on a baking sheet and cooking them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) until they are hot and crisp. The pieces can also be reheated quickly and easily in the microwave.
The beauty of this recipe is that it can be altered to fit your tastes. It doesn’t matter if you prefer more classic pizza toppings or if you like to experiment with unusual combinations; this dill pickle bacon pizza will satisfy your taste buds and your appetite.