Pizza dough topped with BBQ sauce, seasoned chicken, red pepper, white onion, and pickled jalapeno. It has just the right amount of sugar, acid, and heat.
- Pizza dough
- Pickled jalapeno topping
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 cup seasoned cooked chicken breast or thigh
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup old white cheddar
- To start, you will need to make the pizza dough. To make the dough, mix 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of active dry yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a large basin. Combine a third cup of hot water with two tablespoons of olive oil, and stir until a dough forms. Make sure the dough is smooth and elastic by kneading it for several minutes on a floured surface. The dough has to rise for about an hour after being placed in a greased basin and covered with a cloth.
- You may get the BBQ chicken ready while the dough is rising. Make sure the chicken is cooked through by grilling it over medium heat until the juices run clear. After the chicken has cooked, shred it and add as much barbecue sauce as you like to a bowl.
- Turn the oven temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius). Roll the dough into a large, thin circle on a lightly floured surface. The dough should be covered in BBQ sauce before adding chicken, red pepper slices, and pickled jalapenos. Grate the mozzarella and aged white cheddar cheeses and sprinkle them over the top of the pizza.
- Pizza should be baked in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Cut the pie into wedges and serve it straight from the oven.
Suggestions for both serving and storing
Some tips for enjoying and preserving your BBQ chicken pizza are as follows.
To serve: You should take this pizza out of the oven when it’s still hot and crispy. Slice it into wedges with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and serve it hot. Pizza with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping is an option.
To store: Leftover pizza can be kept in the fridge for up to three days. If you want to reheat a slice of pizza in the microwave, just set it on a microwave-safe plate and heat it for 30 seconds. You may also cover the remaining pizza in foil and bake it in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 10-15 minutes or until it is hot and the cheese is melted.
To freeze: You can also freeze the leftover pizza for up to 3 months. To freeze the pizza, wrap it tightly in aluminium foil or plastic wrap, then place it in a resealable plastic bag. Pizza can be reheated from frozen by removing the packaging and placing it on a baking sheet. Heat it in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 20-25 minutes, or until it is hot and the cheese is melted.
Recipe variations and substitutes
This BBQ chicken pizza can be customised to your taste with various substitutes and adjustments. Some suggestions are as follows.
BBQ sauce: Instead of barbecue sauce, you could substitute marinara, alfredo, or pesto if you prefer. Crushed tomatoes, garlic, and Italian spice are just a few components that can be used to produce your own homemade sauce.
Chicken: Meat eaters can substitute sliced beef, pork, or tofu for the chicken on their pizzas. Pizza can be made vegetarian-style by omitting the meat topping and replacing it with extra vegetables and cheese.
Cheese: Mozzarella and aged white cheddar are standard pizza cheeses, but you may also use other kinds of cheese like gouda, feta, or goat cheese. You can also combine cheeses to make your unique flavour.
Vegetables: Red peppers and pickled jalapenos aren’t the only vegetables you may use on pizza. Some examples include sliced olives, chopped bell peppers, diced onions, and sliced mushrooms. Try including some fresh herbs like basil or cilantro to boost the flavour.
Dough: Pizza dough can be produced from scratch, but if you need more time, store-bought or pre-made dough and crusts work just as well. Depending on your tastes, you can use whole wheat, cornmeal, or gluten-free flour in the dough.
Overall, the goal is to be creative, have fun with the recipe, and personalise it to suit your preferences and dietary needs.
BBQ chicken pizza is a tasty and gratifying dish suitable for any occasion. This dish is perfect for a summer barbecue, a football watch party, or a weeknight family dinner. The mix of BBQ sauce, chicken, peppers, jalapenos, and cheese is enticing, and the fact that it’s all packed onto a crispy, handmade pizza dough makes it that much better.